Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mommy points

Chris was tucking Hailey into bed tonight and sang her some songs. They were having a sweet moment together when Hailey said, "Daddy, I need to tell you something." Chris was ready for the big declaration of love when she said, "I like Mommy a little better than you." FINALLY!! Usually my kids are telling me what a great dad they have. Like when Carter gave me my mother's day card this year that said "I love it when Dad makes pizza". Hello-it's supposed to be about me, and he has NEVER (seriously-not once) made pizza. So, I was glad that at least for a moment, one child liked me best. :)

2 comments:

kat said...

go kelle. i guess there's something to be said for my 18 month old not talking - he'd just be telling me that he likes dad better. like him screaming at the door as dad leaves for work in the morning doesn't give the same message . . .

Michelle & Todd said...

That's funny Kelle! I always love hearing the funny things your kids say :)