Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hailey is 7

I can't believe Hailey is 7. She has been talking about her birthday since the first of this month and has been counting down the days. She woke up at 5:30 in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep. She climbed into bed with us for a restless 45 minutes. I love her enthusiasm.

I loaded my pictures backwards, but she chose brownie sundaes for dessert. My kind of girl. She loves chocolate.

She was so excited to open gifts. She got tons of crafty stuff as well as tickets to go see the play, Beauty and the Beast in Chicago next Saturday with Chris and I. I'm so excited to spend the day with just the three of us. She is wearing the nightgown that her friend, Jenna, gave her earlier in the day. She chose to go see the movie, Smurfs, with our family and invited Jenna to come with us. The girls were so cute as they each got a Slurpee and watched the show with their heads leaning on each other during part of the movie.

Here is Hailey with her art stuff from my parents. She loves to draw and has already had fun drawing some of the people.


After waiting for what seemed like HOURS (Chris made her wait until 6:30), Hailey and Chris got up to make Sweedish pancakes. She specifically asked Chris to make them and it was sweet to see the two of them cooking together. She is a lucky girl.
We're so glad to have Hailey in our family. She is a sweetheart.

No comments: