Thursday, January 27, 2011

T-shirt quilt

Ever since Chris' mom made him a quilt out of his t-shirts, Carter has been saving his and asking me to make one for him. I've said that I would-I figured when he was 30 I could do it. However, a woman in our ward kick started my project. I was amazed that Carter already had 30 t-shirts that he had saved, so I made him the quilt (didn't that just sound like I whipped it out? It took a lot longer than that). I must say, I am not a sewer or a quilter so this was a big project for me. I just finished and my favorite part is that my 10 year old LOVES it, in spite of it's many flaws. That is success!


3 comments:

Jenny Smith said...

You did just "whip" it out! I can't believe you are already finished. It is so cute. I am VERY impressed.

birdmama said...

Love it! I'm so impressed that you're done already! It looks great & Carter looks thrilled. Definitely, a success story!

The Traxler's Mission said...

You are the mama from coolarama! You never made me one and I am your Dad! Carter I want to borrow it up here in Canada....brrrrrr!