Monday, October 19, 2009

Marriage

Hailey came home from school the other day telling me that she was going to marry a boy in her class and was wondering if that was OK. We talked about waiting until she was older, etc., but I did ask her what it was about this boy that made her want to marry him. "He's nice." was her reply. A good starting point. Tonight, she told me that he had "broken up" with her and was going to marry her friend. Am I being paranoid, or is 5 a little young to be discussing marriage and breaking up? I'm totally not ready for this!

2 comments:

Cory said...

I have to say, I love her pose in the Halloween picture. Watch out, here she comes!

Rachel said...

I think it's a kindergarten thing - the girls in Megan's class had everyone paired up with who they were going to marry.