Thursday, May 7, 2009

Another foolish notion...

I well remember my pre-children days when I was a fabulous mom. Being a psych major, I pretty much knew how to raise a perfect child. That entailed no t.v., no video games, home schooling, and definitely NO TOY GUNS!! Don't we have enough violence in the world? It has taken exactly 9 years, but I've broken all of my rules and here are all four of my kids with Nerf guns in their hands. I can't wait to be a grandma...I'm going to be perfect at it! Dare to dream.

2 comments:

birdmama said...

Amen, sister! I'm with you on the changing rules of parenting. I just caved a little earlier, that's all. When I saw my boys turn everything that was long and thin into a gun (baby bottle, microphone, wooden spoon), I gave up. Who knew? Now I am grateful to Nerf for the few minutes I don't have to entertain my kids each day they get the guns out.:)

Jeff Snoy said...

Kelle,
I love it! You are a great mom who just "changes" what is really important to fight about. That shows a lot of maturity. I love reading your blogs. I don't comment at all, but I love you and your family. Love Nanette